5.5.11

I AM DOWN WITH PLATFORMFEVER

LIKE IN 5TH GRADE - I AM AGAIN DRAWN TO PLATFORMS



I have always dressed myself - ever since I was able to pull on a pair of jeans, or a jumper over my head, that is. The results of my dressing has since I was a little girl been questionable - interesting at best. (At least some would say.) Coming from an area where some mothers seems to think that the most important thing is that the facade looks good - and with that how their children look: long pretty ponytails, wrinkle free skirts, and God forbid the colours pink and red together, one could call my mother extraordinary. She always helped me dress how I wanted - including making a Tweety costume with a giant head - for a costume party.

In fifth grade I got my very first pair of platforms - God I wish I knew where they are right now! Sports-looking babyblue shoes with white stripes: All the other girls where so jealous. Somehow it didn't matter, because I was the only one who dressed myself. Stylting around on what seemed to be the highest platforms surely must have paved the way for these gorgeous Prada's.

No comments:

Post a Comment